Hello all our dear friends
and Domaine Chardonnay family
…We are missing you all terribly!
We are thinking about you and hoping each and everyone of you are doing fine.
Domaine Chardonnay here in Temecula Wine Country is just not the same without all your love and laughter here filling our halls!
We’d like to give you an update on what is happening here with our Bed & Breakfast and how we are handling it.
The crisis has affected everyone in one way or another, us as well. Being part of the travel, hospitality, service, event and wedding industries, we were hit hard and swift with the reality of the situation at hand. The majority of our March through June bookings were wedding related and, well as you may have heard, all public gatherings of 10 or more have been banned through June 15th, or until further notice. That meant that almost ALL of our reservations for March, April and part of May had to sadly postpone their stays, many of the May and June bookings as well, due to the uncertainty of our guests being able to complete their travel and wedding plans. It was a rough week for all for sure! We are, though forever grateful to ALL our guests who booked direct with us, to accept no expiration gift certificates for a future stay, instead of a refund. We are so very thankful for each of you as collectively it made the week endurable for us. Domaine Chardonnay is our home, our life’s accomplishment, our pride and joy… and we want it to be here for you for ALL to enjoy for years to come as your escape from everyday life.
* * * * * *
But as of May 8th, with the Riverside County Supervisors rescinding the restrictions on short term rentals… WE ARE NOW OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC AGAIN! :))
For guests still needing longer term stays, we are still offering now through June 30th 25% off our daily room rates for stays 9 days or longer (including 2 weekends if desired), and 40% off our room daily rates for stays of 30 days or longer. In addition, any reservations made for over 30 days are not required to pay the 12% County Occupancy Tax. We only have a few guest suites, as you know, so availability may be limited. You can check our calendar and book your stay by yourself as usual on our “Reservations” page, or call me, Laura, for more information and I can book your special extended stay with our offered discount.
Domaine Chardonnay’s guest suites now have a heightened cleaning protocol. We want to put your mind at ease regarding your stay here on our property so you can just relax and be carefree while you are here;
- Although we will not be hosting any large events until the State lifts the restriction, we Re allowed to take overnight accommodations for our 3 private guest suites.
- As you know, each of our suites has its own private outdoor entrance, and garden area, and we are on over 5 acres surrounded by another 50 acres of vineyards with no one else around. Plenty of room for the proper ‘social distancing’.
- Each guest suite is 100% independent with self-check in and keyless entries. The Suites have no shared interior space and there is no need to come in contact with other people if so chosen.
- Breakfast will be prepared and left at your front door stoop by me, and we do not even have to have any contact if you prefer not (I won’t be offended).
- We are a super low density population out here in our part of the neighborhood with a maximum of one dozen people spread out over 50 acres, which is including any guests we might have if all of our Suites are occupied, and this also includes our immediate neighbors in their nearby houses. Our guests are likely safer here than in their own higher density neighborhoods and cities.
- We have also implemented an even more stricter cleaning protocol (as we were already an obsessively spotless operation) but in addition to the normal routine we are cleaning with 70% – 90% isopropyl alcohol. All towels, linens, bedding and bathrobes are washed twice in very hot water (over 140’) and dried in the dryer on hot. Our cleaning gals wear gloves and masks at all times. And yes, we have enough toilet paper (LOL), shampoos, liquid soaps and even hand sanitizer through our organic skincare manufacturer who produces my Just Pure Essentials skincare line.
- All guest suites are equipped with microwave ovens, sinks, coffee makers, kettles, refrigerators, minibar items, cutlery, dishes and glasses, and ice maker so you have all the comforts of home for dining in.
- We are surrounded by 50 acres of grapevines with no occupied housing for you all to take long hikes and walks and enjoy our fresh country air. It is gorgeous out right now! 🙂
- During this time of restriction, the local wineries are still open for bottle pick up, some even with free deliveries direct to Domaine Chardonnay, and many of our local restaurants and charcuterie board services also have curbside pickup. The local supermarkets are all still open. For the most part things still operate as usual here on a simpler scale except for no large public gatherings of people for the next few weeks. And of course, we will have plenty of our own private estate wine bottled and ready to drink by the end of May! 😀
* And any of our beloved wedding couples out there, who sadly had to cancel or postpone their big wedding plans, are welcome to come here to Domaine Chardonnay for an intimate elopement or mini wedding of 10 people or less at discounted rates. You can still have a memorable wedding and wedding night now, and your bigger day will come again soon where you will be able to celebrate with everyone around you. Love will always endure!
So we want you to feel assured that any guests staying with us will be 100% independent and self-sufficient so you will be able to enjoy a nice relaxing escape from the rest of the urban craziness. Some of you may not have such ideal situations at home living in higher density populations, and Domaine Chardonnay would be the perfect place to relax and de-compress.
We welcome you to come stay with us here at Domaine Chardonnay, a perfect place to self-isolate, social distance, work from home and still enjoy an unforgettable weekend here in wine country.
With that, I say thank you to each and every one of you for your continued love and patronage. It means the world to us!!