Property Guidelines and Information
We know you will love our vineyard estate, Domaine Chardonnay. It is truly unique and very special. Mike and I finished building it in the summer of 2019, designing the house and interiors ourselves. It is our lifetime dream to live the wine country lifestyle and create an intimate luxury ‘bed and breakfast’ where we can share our dream with others.🏡💕
Here are a few details for our check in procedures and to facilitate your future stay with us…
Our address is:
33810 Madera de Playa
Temecula, Ca 92592
Major cross streets are Rancho California Road and Calle Contento. We are smack in the heart of wine country and walking distance to many wineries. You’ll recognize our property from the photos 😁
On the day of your arrival we will usually be here on property to greet you and check you in. But in case you arrive at a time we aren’t available as we have 24 hour check-in and check-out, we have keyless entries so that you can come and go on your schedule. We are usually around on the property working or doing something every day, so in case we didn’t have the chance to greet you upon check in, please come say hi anytime you see us, if we don’t find you first! 😉
Check in is any time after 4pm. Check out is at 12pm on your last day. When you leave, if we are not around to say goodbye in person, just close your door and lock it.
Instructions for your front door lock, and your personal code, will be emailed or texted to you the morning of your stay.
Some more information about your stay and our property rules and guidelines:
-Guest parking is anywhere to the right side of the house, where our guest wing is, up against the vineyard.
-We have a stocked minibar in each room with all kinds of snacks, drinks and extra coffee pods with a price list and ‘Honor Jar’ for your convenience and enjoyment. Please keep track of what you purchase and before checking out place your compensation in the jar by cash, check or credit card. Or you can pay for it with me upon checkout. -We have a sophisticated whole house triple water filter system so that every faucet already has drinking water quality!
-We serve a complimentary organic Continental Breakfast with 2 coffee pods for your Nespresso machine, to your room every morning between 8am to 11am. There are extra coffee pods in the mini bar in case you are craving more Please text me at (949) 929-2755 when you are ready to have it delivered to your door so it is not sitting outside too long.
-There are instructions in a folder in your room for the tv, fireplace, coffee maker, thermostat and Milgard doors, and it has as well winery and restaurant recommendations.
-We are strictly a no smoking property. We don’t allow live candles, but we provide cool looking battery operated remote control ones in your room for your enjoyment.
-We are primarily an adult oriented environment but children over 12 are welcome
-We do allow a 3rd guest to stay in the room upon minimum 48 hours prior notice with us with a $100 supplemental room & breakfast fee that includes a luxury blow up mattress, down feather bedding, extra towels and breakfast in the morning.
-Sorry no pets. We keep our rooms spotless and cater to guests who are sensitive to common allergens.
-You are welcome to walk our vineyards. Please be mindful this is a working vineyard and natural environment so please watch out for farm equipment and gopher holes. We do not have rattlesnakes, maybe an occasional (but rare) Gopher snake which we love, so please do not harm or disturb any wildlife or pick fruit. You are welcome to walk to the wineries from our property or hike between vineyard properties on the easement paths which makes for a nice outing.
-Being in the middle of nature we can get little visitors. So please keep your screens closed unless you don’t mind a little bug or two. For the most part for most of the year, though, we don’t have a lot of insects, and if there are, they are seasonal.
-We kindly request to be a ‘heavy scent free’ zone so that all guests can enjoy our natural environment and a refined wine palette. Please refrain from using strong perfumes and personal care products.
-Reduced noise ordinance is 10pm until 8am in respect of our other guests and neighbors.
-You are welcome to have up to four day visitors in your suite, but no overnight guests without 48 hours prior approval.
-We reserve the right to reserve service to anyone who does not adhere to our property rules. In the rare event a guest is asked to leave the property for misconduct before their overnight stay/s are completed, they will be refunded in full minus any damages caused by them.
-If you need help with reservations or suggestions for what to do in the area, wineries to visit, hot air balloon tours (our friends down the street own the main company here www.hotairtours.com- tell them you are staying with us for a friends discount!), winery tours (Sue who owns www.tourdelvinotemecula.com is awesome and caters the private or large group tours to your request!), or other restaurants or entertainment, just ask us! We are happy to help and want to make sure you have the best time here with us in Temecula Wine Country 🍷We have a list of wineries we recommend in our handbook in our rooms (you don’t need reservations with any of them). For current information on events happening at the wineries (like live music) go to www.temeculawines.org/events there is a calendar link on that page, or download the new TemeculaLife App in your App Store, it’s a great tool for what to do and where in Temecula Wine Country!
** Also, because of the current concerns regarding the Coronavirus and how that affects (and may affect in the near future) hospitality, how people travel and interact in large groups, we would like to address any concerns our guests may have up front and let you know that because of our very unique circumstances and set up here at Domaine Chardonnay, we are able to offer unique accommodations that address all these concerns with the following guidelines so that you can feel secure and just relax and enjoy your time here;
- As you know, each of our suites has its own private outdoor entrance, and garden area, and we are on over 5 acres surrounded by another 50 acres of vineyards with no one else around. Plenty of room for the proper ‘social distancing’. Each guest suite is 100% independent.
- The Suites have no shared interior space and there is no need to come in contact with other people if so chosen.
- We have the ability of self-check in with keyless entries.
- Breakfast will be delivered to your door stoop each morning.
- We are a super low density population out here in our part of the neighborhood with a maximum of one dozen people spread out over 50 acres, which is including any guests we might have if all of our Suites are occupied, and this also includes our immediate neighbors in their nearby houses. Our guests are probably safer here than in their own higher density neighborhoods and cities.
- We have also implemented an even more stricter cleaning protocol (as we were already an obsessively spotless operation) but in addition to the normal routine we are cleaning with anti-viral cleansers that kill up to 99.7% germs. All towels, linens, bedding and bathrobes are washed twice in very hot water (over 140’) and dried in the dryer on hot. Our cleaning gals wear gloves and masks. Yes, we have enough toilet paper (LOL), shampoo and soap, and even hand sanitizer in the rooms.
- All guest suites are equipped with microwave ovens, sinks, coffee makers, kettles, refrigerators, minibar items, cutlery, dishes and glasses, and icemaker.
- We are surrounded by 50 acres of grapevines and walking trails to the north with no other occupied housing for you all to take long walks and enjoy the fresh air.
- During this time of restriction until further notice, the local wineries are all open for outdoor tastings and outdoor dining, bottle pick up, some even with free deliveries direct to Domaine Chardonnay, and many of our local restaurants and charcuterie board services also have outside dining, curbside pickup and/ or ‘no contact’ home delivery direct to us. For the most part things still operate as usual here on a smaller scale. And of course, we have plenty of our own private estate wine bottled and ready to drink so no one can go thirsty! 😀
- So we want you to feel assured that any guests staying with us will be 100% independent and self-sufficient and able to enjoy a nice relaxing escape from the rest of the urban craziness. We welcome you to come stay with us here at Domaine Chardonnay, a perfect place to self-isolate, social distance, work from home and still enjoy an unforgettable weekend here in wine country!
If you have any other questions, if any issues arise that need attention or if you need assistance with anything, please don’t hesitate to let us know anytime. We are always available to assist you. We hope we can more than fulfill your expectations and earn nothing less than a 5 star stellar review from you ! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
We look forward to seeing you soon at Domaine Chardonnay! 🥂✨
Laura & Mike Wieters, Proprietors