Property Guidelines and Information
We know you will love our vineyard estate, Domaine Chardonnay. It is truly unique and very special. Mike and I finished building it in the summer of 2019, designing the house and interiors ourselves. It is our lifetime dream to live the wine country lifestyle and create an intimate luxury ‘bed and breakfast’ where we can share our dream with others.🏡💕
Here are a few details for our check in procedures and to facilitate your future stay with us…
Our address is:
33810 Madera de Playa
Temecula, Ca 92592
Major cross streets are Rancho California Road and Calle Contento. We are smack in the heart of wine country and walking distance to many wineries. You’ll recognize our property from the photos 😁
Please message or text us the day of your stay when you plan on checking in so we can be available to greet you. But in case you arrive at a time we aren’t, we have keyless entries so that you can check in on your schedule. We will text you your door code sometime between 3-4pm when your suite is clean and ready. We are usually around on the property working or doing something, so in case we don’t have the chance to greet you upon check in, please come say hi anytime you see us, if we don’t find you first!😉
Check in is any time after 4pm.
Check out is at 12pm on your last day.
When you leave, if we are not around to say goodbye in person, just close your door and lock it. There is nothing you need to do to check out. Any auxiliary purchases from the mini bar, wine, or joining our Vine To Wine Club, can be put on your room charge.
Some more info about your stay:
– Guest parking is anywhere to the right side of the house, where our guest wing is, up against the vineyard.
– We have a stocked minibar in each room with all kinds of snacks, drinks and extra coffee pods with a price list and an Honor Jar for your convenience and enjoyment. Please keep track of what you purchase and before checking out you can either place your compensation in the jar by cash, check or credit card, or you can charge it to your room.
– We have a sophisticated whole house triple water filter system so that every faucet already has drinking water quality!
– We serve a complimentary organic Continental Breakfast with 2 coffee pods for your Nespresso machine, to your room every morning sometime around 9am if convenient for you. There are extra coffee pods in the mini bar in case you are craving more. Please text me at (949) 929-2755 when you want it delivered to your door and give me about 30 minutes to prepare it, so it is not sitting outside too long.
– There are instructions in the room for the tv, fireplace, coffee maker, thermostat and Milgard doors.
– We are strictly a no smoking property. We don’t allow live candles, but we provide cool looking battery operated remote control ones in your room for your enjoyment.
– We do allow a 3rd guest to stay in the room upon prior notice with us with a $90 supplemental room & breakfast fee that includes a luxury blow up mattress and down feather bedding.
-We are primarily an adult oriented environment, but children over 12 are welcome to stay
– Sorry no pets.
– You are welcome to walk our vineyards. Please be mindful this is a working vineyard and natural environment so please watch out for farm equipment and gopher holes. We do not have rattlesnakes, maybe an occasional (but rare) Gopher snake which we love, so please do not harm or disturb any wildlife or pick fruit. You are welcome to walk to the wineries from our property or hike between vineyard properties on the easement paths which makes for a nice outing.
– Being in the middle of nature we can get little visitors. So please keep your screens closed unless you don’t mind a little bug or two.
– We kindly request to be a heavy scent free zone so that all guests can enjoy our natural environment and a refined wine palette. Please refrain from using strong perfumes and personal care products.
– Reduced noise ordinance is 10pm until 8am in respect of our other guests and neighbors.
– You are welcome to have day visitors in your suite, but no overnight guests without prior approval.
– We will allow Bridal Preparation Parties for getting ready in our suites with the rental of overnight accommodations, but with prior approval and a $150 use and cleaning fee.
– If you need help with reservations or suggestions for what else to do in the area, wineries to visit, wine or hot air balloon tours just let us know! Here are some ideas!… But keep in mind that wine country is super busy again so calling ahead for reservations is a good idea!
Our friends down the street own the main hot air balloon company here www.hotairtours.com- tell them you are staying with us and get a friends discount! If booking direct on their website, use Coupon Code DomChar.
Then, our friends Dirk & Michelle own Temecula E-Bike Rentals a few doors down and will deliver the bikes to you here at DC (or you can walk over and get them). Call (951) 514-9826 www.uyswines.com.
For wine tours try Sue who owns www.tourdelvinotemecula.com. They are great and cater to private or large group tours as per your request! Or visit the wineries by touring in a privately chauffered London Cab at www.blackcartemecula.com.
For horseback riding call Diana at www.winecountrytrailsbyhorseback.com. They meet with the horses just around the corner from us at the Maurice Carrie Winery.
And there are so many restaurants and other entertainment, so just ask us. We are happy to help and want to make sure you have the best time here with us in Temecula Wine Country. We have a list of wineries and restaurants we recommend in our DC handbook that will be in your room. For current information on events happening at the wineries (like live music) download the new TemeculaLife App in your App Store, it’s a great tool for a current what to do and where in Temecula Wine Country! Also www.temeculawines.org has a master calendar for all winery events!
* Also, because of the current concerns regarding the Coronavirus and how that affects (and may affect in the near future) hospitality, how people travel and interact in large groups, we would like to address any concerns our guests may have and let you know that because of our very unique circumstances and set up here at Domaine Chardonnay, we are able to offer unique accommodations that address these matters with the following guidelines so that you can feel secure and just relax and enjoy your time here;
– Each of our suites has its own private outdoor entrance, and garden area, and we are on over 5 acres surrounded by another 50 acres of vineyards with no one else around (there are walking trails throughout so you may take long walks through the vineyards and enjoy the fresh air!). So we are super low density with plenty of room for the proper social distancing.
– The Suites have no shared interior space and there is no need to come in contact with other people if so chosen. Each guest suite is 100% independent.
– We have self-check in with keyless entries.
– Breakfast will be prepared and left at your front door stoop by me, and we do not even have to have any contact if you prefer not (I won’t be offended).
– We have also implemented an even stricter cleaning protocol (as we were already an obsessively spotless operation) and we are cleaning with products that kill 99.6% germs. All towels, linens, bedding and bathrobes are washed twice in very hot water (over 140′) and dried in the dryer on hot. Our cleaning gals will be wearing gloves and masks just in case. Yes, we have enough toilet paper (LOL), organic shampoos and liquid soaps, and even hand sanitizer in the rooms.
– All guest suites are equipped with microwave ovens, sinks, coffee makers, kettles, refrigerators, minibar items, cutlery, dishes and glasses, and ice maker.
– During this time of the Governor’s restrictions being lifted, the local wineries and restaurants are open for outdoor and indoor dining and tastings, bottle pick up, some even with free deliveries direct to Domaine Chardonnay. Door Dash and Grub Hub will deliver to your door. For the most part things are operating again as usual here. And of course, we have plenty of our very own limited edition private estate wine, DeCoupage, bottled and ready to drink so if you are interested just ask us! 😀
We at Domaine Chardonnay want you to feel assured that any guests staying with us will be 100% self-sufficient and able to enjoy a nice relaxing escape from the rest of the urban craziness. Domaine Chardonnay is the perfect place to self-isolate if you want, social distance, have fun in the 45+ wineries in the area and innumerable restaurants, get some sunshine and fresh air, take walks and enjoy an unforgettable weekend here in wine country.
If you have any other questions, if any issues arise that need attention or if you need assistance with anything, please don’t hesitate to let us know anytime. We are always available to assist you. We hope we can more than fulfill your expectations and earn nothing less than a 5 star stellar review from you ! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
We look forward to seeing you soon at Domaine Chardonnay! 🥂✨
Laura & Mike Wieters, Proprietors